Meaning & Definition of Explanation in English
1. A statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
- "The explanation was very simple"
- "I expected a brief account"
- explanation ,
2. Thought that makes something comprehensible
3. The act of explaining
- Making something plain or intelligible
- "I heard his explanation of the accident"
Examples of using
I thought that I did not need to give an explanation.
What's your explanation?
There must be a scientific explanation for this.
I want an explanation.
There is no other explanation.
If possible, I would like an explanation.
"I can explain it." "There's no explanation."
Tom wants a full explanation.
He gave an explanation about why he had been absent.
I don't need an explanation.
Of course, another explanation of this situation is that Chinese is harder to learn than English.
She didn't press him for an explanation.
I'm afraid she won't accept my explanation.
He seems satisfied with my explanation.
He gave no explanation why he had been absent.
His explanation is too obscure to understand.
His explanation is by no means satisfactory.
He was so drunk that his explanation did not make sense.
I was convinced by his explanation.
I want to get a satisfactory explanation for your conduct.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana