Meaning & Definition of Exaggerate in English
1. To enlarge beyond bounds or the truth
- "Tended to romanticize and exaggerate this `gracious old south' imagery"
- overstate ,
- exaggerate ,
- overdraw ,
- hyperbolize ,
- hyperbolise ,
- magnify ,
2. Do something to an excessive degree
- "He overdid it last night when he did 100 pushups"
- overdo ,
Examples of using
Jim tends to exaggerate.
She seems to have a tendency to exaggerate things.
Tom has a tendency to exaggerate.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana