Meaning & Definition of Exact in English
1. Claim as due or just
- "The bank demanded payment of the loan"
- demand ,
2. Take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
- "The accident claimed three lives"
- "The hard work took its toll on her"
- claim ,
- take ,
1. Marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact
- "An exact mind"
- "An exact copy"
- "Hit the exact center of the target"
2. (of ideas, images, representations, expressions) characterized by perfect conformity to fact or truth
- Strictly correct
- "A precise image"
- "A precise measurement"
- accurate ,
- exact ,