Meaning & Definition of Evidence in English
1. Your basis for belief or disbelief
- Knowledge on which to base belief
- "The evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
- evidence ,
2. An indication that makes something evident
- "His trembling was evidence of his fear"
3. (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
1. Provide evidence for
- Stand as proof of
- Show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
- "His high fever attested to his illness"
- "The buildings in rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"
- "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- attest ,
- certify ,
- manifest ,
- demonstrate ,
2. Provide evidence for
- "The blood test showed that he was the father"
- "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
- testify ,
- bear witness ,
- prove ,
- evidence ,
3. Give evidence
- "He was telling on all his former colleague"
- tell ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana