Meaning & Definition of Every in English
1. (used of count nouns) each and all of the members of a group considered singly and without exception
- "Every person is mortal"
- "Every party is welcome"
- "Had every hope of success"
- "Every chance of winning"
2. Each and all of a series of entities or intervals as specified
- "Every third seat"
- "Every two hours"
Examples of using
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.
The highest revelation is that God is in every man.
I smile every time I see her.
You don't need to be an artist in order to experience beauty every day.
I do that every week.
She does this every single time.
We watch movies on the DVD every Saturday night.
We try to follow up on every complaint.
It's amazing! -- an American tourist was saying: In Hungary, every "horse" is "low"!
This cook cooks different meals every day.
The whole world is one country, every person is your cousin.
People lie every day.
I promised my parents I would visit them at least once every three months.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana