Meaning & Definition of Ever in English
1. At any time
- "Did you ever smoke?"
- "The best con man of all time"
- ever ,
- of all time
2. At all times
- All the time and on every occasion
- "I will always be there to help you"
- "Always arrives on time"
- "There is always some pollution in the air"
- "Ever hoping to strike it rich"
- "Ever busy"
- always ,
- ever ,
3. (intensifier for adjectives) very
- "She was ever so friendly"
- ever ,
- ever so
Examples of using
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Nobody has ever asked such a question before.
It's the hardest thing I have ever done.
No Holocaust must ever happen again.
Do not try to live for ever. You will not succeed.
Have you ever used Instagram?
I don't want to ever speak to you again.
Samsara is a Sanskrit word that means “the ever turning wheel of life”.
Don't ever look at me again.
Have you ever seen any famous people in this restaurant?
Some people bring sadness... Have you ever hated yourself for loving someone? Don't hate yourself, because the fault is not love's but of the people who didn't care for you.
I want to give you my heart for ever.
How in the world could I ever hate Tom?
Nobody's ever died from working too much, but why risk it?
Have any of you ever talked to Tom?
Don't ever underestimate Tom.
That's the ugliest hat I've ever seen.
Those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.
They're the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.
What's the last thing you were ever happy about?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana