Meaning & Definition of Elegant in English
1. Refined and tasteful in appearance or behavior or style
- "Elegant handwriting"
- "An elegant dark suit"
- "She was elegant to her fingertips"
- "Small churches with elegant white spires"
- "An elegant mathematical solution--simple and precise and lucid"
2. Suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- elegant ,
- graceful ,
3. Displaying effortless beauty and simplicity in movement or execution
- "An elegant dancer"
- "An elegant mathematical solution -- simple and precise"
Examples of using
She's elegant and refined.
Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation.
She has an elegant manner.