Meaning & Definition of Ear in English
1. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
2. Good hearing
- "He had a keen ear"
- "A good ear for pitch"
3. The externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- auricle ,
- pinna ,
4. Attention to what is said
- "He tried to get her ear"
5. Fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- ear ,
- spike ,
Examples of using
Tom walked over to Mary and whispered in her ear.
"Come back down to earth," she whispered into his ear.
The stirrup rests on the oval window of the inner ear.