Meaning & Definition of Duplicate in English
1. Something additional of the same kind
- "He always carried extras in case of an emergency"
2. A copy that corresponds to an original exactly
- "He made a duplicate for the files"
1. Make or do or perform again
- "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
2. Duplicate or match
- "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
3. Make a duplicate or duplicates of
- "Could you please duplicate this letter for me?"
4. Increase twofold
- "The population doubled within 50 years"
1. Identically copied from an original
- "A duplicate key"
2. Being two identical