Meaning & Definition of Drawing in English
1. An illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper
- "It is shown by the drawing in fig. 7"
2. A representation of forms or objects on a surface by means of lines
- "Drawings of abstract forms"
- "He did complicated pen-and-ink drawings like medieval miniatures"
3. The creation of artistic pictures or diagrams
- "He learned drawing from his father"
4. Players buy (or are given) chances and prizes are distributed by casting lots
5. Act of getting or draining something such as electricity or a liquid from a source
- "The drawing of water from the well"
- drawing off
6. The act of moving a load by drawing or pulling