Meaning & Definition of Doom in English
1. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny
- "Everyone was aware of the approaching doom but was helpless to avoid it"
- "That's unfortunate but it isn't the end of the world"
- doom ,
- doomsday ,
- day of reckoning ,
- end of the world
1. Decree or designate beforehand
- "She was destined to become a great pianist"
- destine ,
- fate ,
- doom ,
2. Pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law
- "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
- sentence ,
- condemn ,
3. Make certain of the failure or destruction of
- "This decision will doom me to lose my position"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana