Meaning & Definition of Done in English
1. Having finished or arrived at completion
- "Certain to make history before he's done"
- "It's a done deed"
- "After the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up"
- "Almost through with his studies"
- done ,
- through ,
- through with(p)
2. Cooked until ready to serve
Examples of using
It's the hardest thing I have ever done.
She sleeps as if she had never done that before.
There is still much more to be done.
We should have done that.
Tom always knows how to get things done.
Are you done with the book yet?
Are you done with these scissors?
I'll do what must be done.
I'll let you know when it's done.
Well done! That's not bad.
I think you've done this before.
I think you've done enough.
Can't anything be done?
Tom couldn't have done this.
Do you really think that kind of thing can be done?
There's nothing to be done here.
You must have your nails done by a specialist.
These days, many vineyard owners use a machine for harvesting, but when it comes to champagne, the harvest must be done by hand.
You're done working, aren't you?
I knew we shouldn't have done this.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana