Meaning & Definition of Displace in English
1. Cause to move, usually with force or pressure
- "The refugees were displaced by the war"
2. Take the place of or have precedence over
- "Live broadcast of the presidential debate preempts the regular news hour"
- "Discussion of the emergency situation will preempt the lecture by the professor"
- preempt ,
3. Terminate the employment of
- Discharge from an office or position
- "The boss fired his secretary today"
- "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
- displace ,
- fire ,
- give notice ,
- can ,
- dismiss ,
- give the axe ,
- send away ,
- sack ,
- force out ,
- give the sack ,
4. Cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense
- "Move those boxes into the corner, please"
- "I'm moving my money to another bank"
- "The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant"
- move ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana