Meaning & Definition of Dislike in English
1. An inclination to withhold approval from some person or group
2. A feeling of aversion or antipathy
- "My dislike of him was instinctive"
1. Have or feel a dislike or distaste for
- "I really dislike this salesman"
Examples of using
"You dislike Tom, don't you?" "It's not that I dislike like him, it's just that I kind of have trouble dealing with people like him."
Why does your daughter dislike candies?
You say that you're afraid of being disliked by other people, but you have some people that you dislike yourself, don't you? Arithmetically speaking, there are an equal number of people who you don't like that don't like you back. I'm not saying that if you end your dislike of someone, someone else will stop disliking you as well; it's just that you can't change the fact that if you dislike someone, then someone else dislikes you as well. Your life will go much smoother if you just give up and accept that t