Meaning & Definition of Dish in English
1. A piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food
- "We gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
2. A particular item of prepared food
- "She prepared a special dish for dinner"
3. The quantity that a dish will hold
- "They served me a dish of rice"
- dish ,
4. A very attractive or seductive looking woman
- smasher ,
- stunner ,
- knockout ,
- beauty ,
- ravisher ,
- sweetheart ,
- peach ,
- lulu ,
- looker ,
- mantrap ,
5. Directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
- dish ,
- dish aerial ,
- dish antenna ,
6. An activity that you like or at which you are superior
- "Chemistry is not my cup of tea"
- "His bag now is learning to play golf"
- "Marriage was scarcely his dish"
- cup of tea ,
- bag ,
1. Provide (usually but not necessarily food)
- "We serve meals for the homeless"
- "She dished out the soup at 8 p.m."
- "The entertainers served up a lively show"
- serve ,
- serve up ,
- dish out ,
- dish up ,
2. Make concave
- Shape like a dish
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana