Meaning & Definition of Differential in English
1. The result of mathematical differentiation
- The instantaneous change of one quantity relative to another
- derived function ,
- derivative ,
- differential coefficient ,
- differential ,
- first derivative
2. A quality that differentiates between similar things
3. A bevel gear that permits rotation of two shafts at different speeds
- Used on the rear axle of automobiles to allow wheels to rotate at different speeds on curves
- differential gear ,
1. Relating to or showing a difference
- "Differential treatment"
2. Involving or containing one or more derivatives
- "Differential equation"