Meaning & Definition of Detective in English
1. A police officer who investigates crimes
- detective ,
- investigator ,
- tec ,
- police detective
2. An investigator engaged or employed in obtaining information not easily available to the public
Examples of using
Tom is a detective.
She described him as a detective.
He is a detective.
I have not the least interest in detective stories.
When I was a boy, I was addicted to reading detective stories.
I felt like reading the detective story.
The detective has a lot of adventures.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana