Meaning & Definition of Despise in English
1. Look down on with disdain
- "He despises the people he has to work for"
- "The professor scorns the students who don't catch on immediately"
- contemn ,
- despise ,
- scorn ,
Examples of using
Honest people despise those who lie.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana