Meaning & Definition of Desire in English
1. The feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
2. An inclination to want things
- "A man of many desires"
3. Something that is desired
1. Feel or have a desire for
- Want strongly
- "I want to go home now"
- "I want my own room"
- desire ,
2. Expect and wish
- "I trust you will behave better from now on"
- "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- hope ,
- trust ,
3. Express a desire for
Examples of using
My fear is more than my desire to try.
If you have the desire to talk, you know where you can find me.
I lost the desire.