Meaning & Definition of Depress in English
1. Lower someone's spirits
- Make downhearted
- "These news depressed her"
- "The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
- depress ,
- deject ,
- cast down ,
- get down ,
- dismay ,
- dispirit ,
- demoralize ,
2. Lower (prices or markets)
- "The glut of oil depressed gas prices"
3. Cause to drop or sink
- "The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir"
- lower ,
4. Press down
- "Depress the space key"
- press down ,
5. Lessen the activity or force of
- "The rising inflation depressed the economy"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana