Meaning & Definition of Deny in English
1. Declare untrue
- "He denied the allegations"
- "She denied that she had taken money"
2. Refuse to accept or believe
- "He denied his fatal illness"
3. Refuse to grant, as of a petition or request
- "The dean denied the students' request for more physics courses"
- "The prisoners were denied the right to exercise for more than 2 hours a day"
4. Refuse to let have
- "She denies me every pleasure"
- "He denies her her weekly allowance"
- deny ,
5. Deny oneself (something)
- Restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure
- "She denied herself wine and spirits"
- deny ,
6. Deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- traverse ,
7. Refuse to recognize or acknowledge
- "Peter denied jesus"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana