Meaning & Definition of Deliver in English
1. Deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- "The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
2. Bring to a destination, make a delivery
- "Our local super market delivers"
3. To surrender someone or something to another
- "The guard delivered the criminal to the police"
- "Render up the prisoners"
- "Render the town to the enemy"
- "Fork over the money"
- hand over,
- fork over,
- fork out,
- fork up,
- turn in,
4. Free from harm or evil
5. Hand over to the authorities of another country
- "They extradited the fugitive to his native country so he could be tried there"
6. Pass down
- "Render a verdict"
- "Deliver a judgment"
7. Utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.)
- "The students delivered a cry of joy"
8. Save from sins
9. Carry out or perform
- "Deliver an attack", "deliver a blow"
- "The boxer drove home a solid left"
- drive home
10. Relinquish possession or control over
- "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
- give up
11. Throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
- "The pitcher delivered the ball"
12. Cause to be born
- "My wife had twins yesterday!"
- give birth,