Meaning & Definition of Definite in English
- Explicit and clearly defined
- "I want a definite answer"
- "A definite statement of the terms of the will"
- "A definite amount"
- "Definite restrictions on the sale of alcohol"
- "The wedding date is now definite"
- "A definite drop in attendance"
2. Known for certain
- "It is definite that they have won"
Examples of using
A definite advantage of automatic doors is that people can't spread their contagious diseases by touching door handles.
I couldn't get a definite answer from him.
Cost is a definite factor in making our decision.