Meaning & Definition of Declaration in English
1. A statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
2. (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction
- "His declaration of innocence"
3. A statement of taxable goods or of dutiable properties
4. (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- contract ,
5. A formal public statement
- "The government made an announcement about changes in the drug war"
- "A declaration of independence"
- announcement ,
- proclamation ,
- annunciation ,
6. A formal expression by a meeting
- Agreed to by a vote
- resolution ,
- declaration ,