Meaning & Definition of Day in English
1. Time for earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
- "Two days later they left"
- "They put on two performances every day"
- "There are 30,000 passengers per day"
- day ,
- twenty-four hours ,
- twenty-four hour period ,
- 24-hour interval ,
- solar day ,
- mean solar day
2. Some point or period in time
- "It should arrive any day now"
- "After that day she never trusted him again"
- "Those were the days"
- "These days it is not unusual"
3. A day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
- "Mother's day"
4. The time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
- "The dawn turned night into day"
- "It is easier to make the repairs in the daytime"
- day ,
- daytime ,
5. The recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working)
- "My day began early this morning"
- "It was a busy day on the stock exchange"
- "She called it a day and went to bed"
6. An era of existence or influence
- "In the day of the dinosaurs"
- "In the days of the roman empire"
- "In the days of sailing ships"
- "He was a successful pianist in his day"
7. The period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
- "How long is a day on jupiter?"
8. The time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
- sidereal day ,
9. A period of opportunity
- "He deserves his day in court"
- "Every dog has his day"
10. United states writer best known for his autobiographical works (1874-1935)
- Day ,
- Clarence Day ,
- Clarence Shepard Day Jr.
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana