Meaning & Definition of Darkness in English
1. Absence of light or illumination
2. An unilluminated area
- "He moved off into the darkness"
3. Absence of moral or spiritual values
- "The powers of darkness"
4. An unenlightened state
- "He was in the dark concerning their intentions"
- "His lectures dispelled the darkness"
5. Having a dark or somber color
6. A swarthy complexion
Examples of using
Why did you kiss me in the darkness?
In the dark it's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
The light that casts away the darkness also creates shadows.