Meaning & Definition of Curtain in English
1. Hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- curtain ,
- drape ,
- drapery ,
- mantle ,
2. Any barrier to communication or vision
- "A curtain of secrecy"
- "A curtain of trees"
1. Provide with drapery
- "Curtain the bedrooms"
Examples of using
For what is life but a play in which everyone acts a part until the curtain comes down?
The curtain caught on fire.
The curtain fell.
He came from behind the curtain.
I waited for the curtain to rise with my heart beating in excitement.
I'll open the curtain for you to look out.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana