Meaning & Definition of Crooked in English
1. Having or marked by bends or angles
- Not straight or aligned
- "Crooked country roads"
- "Crooked teeth"
2. Not straight
- Dishonest or immoral or evasive
- crooked ,
3. Irregular in shape or outline
- "Asymmetrical features"
- "A dress with a crooked hemline"
- asymmetrical ,
4. Having the back and shoulders rounded
- Not erect
- "A little oldish misshapen stooping woman"
- hunched ,
- round-backed ,
- round-shouldered ,
- stooped ,
- stooping ,
Examples of using
I have crooked teeth.
He was egging an innocent young man on to join him in his crooked deal.
The picture is hung crooked.