Meaning & Definition of Covered in English
1. Overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something
- Sometimes used as a combining form
- "Women with covered faces"
- "Covered wagons"
- "A covered balcony"
Examples of using
The furniture was covered in dust.
The walls of her room were covered in posters.
The wall was covered with pictures of gunshot victims.
The whole city is covered with snow.
I found him covered in blood.
We've already covered this subject.
The city was covered in snow.
My car is covered in pigeon shit.
My car is covered in pigeon poop.
My car is covered with pigeon poop.
In spring, many trees get covered by leaves.
It's a flake covered in chocolate!
The rug was covered with cat hair.
He covered his face with the handkerchief and cried as well!
Yuriko, a marine biology grad student, fell asleep inside a fish tank and awoke covered in octopuses and starfish.
Is that covered by my insurance?
The snow covered the whole city overnight.
The top of Mt. Fuji is covered with snow.
She is covered in confusion.
He was covered all over with white paint.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana