Meaning & Definition of Cook in English
1. Someone who cooks food
2. English navigator who claimed the east coast of australia for britain and discovered several pacific islands (1728-1779)
- James Cook,
- Captain Cook,
- Captain James Cook
1. Prepare a hot meal
- "My husband doesn't cook"
2. Prepare for eating by applying heat
- "Cook me dinner, please"
- "Can you make me an omelette?"
- "Fix breakfast for the guests, please"
3. Transform and make suitable for consumption by heating
- "These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
4. Tamper, with the purpose of deception
- "Fudge the figures"
- "Cook the books"
- "Falsify the data"
5. Transform by heating
- "The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"