Meaning & Definition of Consist in English
1. Originate (in)
- "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
- dwell ,
- consist ,
- lie ,
- lie in
2. Have its essential character
- Be comprised or contained in
- Be embodied in
- "The payment consists in food"
- "What does love consist in?"
3. Be consistent in form, tenor, or character
- Be congruous
- "Desires are to be satisfied only so far as consists with an approved end"
4. Be composed of
- "The land he conquered comprised several provinces"
- "What does this dish consist of?"
- consist ,
Examples of using
Genes consist of a specific sequence of DNA.
Much of our daily living must consist of routine that requires little or no mental effort.
Totem poles consist of a group of figures that represent animals, birds, fish, mythological beings and supernatural beasts.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana