Meaning & Definition of Confirmation in English
1. Additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct
- "Fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
2. Information that confirms or verifies
3. Making something valid by formally ratifying or confirming it
- "The ratification of the treaty"
- "Confirmation of the appointment"
4. A ceremony held in the synagogue (usually at pentecost) to admit as adult members of the jewish community young men and women who have successfully completed a course of study in judaism
5. A sacrament admitting a baptized person to full participation in the church