Meaning & Definition of Commonwealth in English
1. The official name of some states in the united states (massachusetts and pennsylvania and virginia and kentucky) and associated territories (puerto rico)
2. A politically organized body of people under a single government
- "The state has elected a new president"
- "African nations"
- "Students who had come to the nation's capitol"
- "The country's largest manufacturer"
- "An industrialized land"
- state ,
- nation ,
- country ,
- land ,
- commonwealth ,
- res publica ,
- body politic
3. A world organization of autonomous states that are united in allegiance to a central power but are not subordinate to it or to one another
4. A political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- democracy ,
- republic ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana