Meaning & Definition of Comic in English
1. A professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
- comedian ,
1. Arousing or provoking laughter
- "An amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls"
- "An amusing fellow"
- "A comic hat"
- "A comical look of surprise"
- "Funny stories that made everybody laugh"
- "A very funny writer"
- "It would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much"
- "A mirthful experience"
- "Risible courtroom antics"
- amusing ,
- comic ,
- comical ,
- funny ,
- laughable ,
- mirthful ,
2. Of or relating to or characteristic of comedy
- "Comic hero"
Examples of using
My sister is constantly reading comic books.
Most funny stories are based on comic situations.