Meaning & Definition of Collision in English
1. (physics) a brief event in which two or more bodies come together
- "The collision of the particles resulted in an exchange of energy and a change of direction"
- collision ,
2. An accident resulting from violent impact of a moving object
- "Three passengers were killed in the collision"
- "The collision of the two ships resulted in a serious oil spill"
3. A conflict of opposed ideas or attitudes or goals
- "A collision of interests"
Examples of using
The bike was mangled in its collision with the truck.
His story of the collision agrees with mine.