Meaning & Definition of Clump in English
1. A grouping of a number of similar things
- "A bunch of trees"
- "A cluster of admirers"
2. A compact mass
- "A ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
3. A heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
1. Make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
2. Come together as in a cluster or flock
- "The poets constellate in this town every summer"
3. Walk clumsily
4. Gather or cause to gather into a cluster
- "She bunched her fingers into a fist"
- bunch up,