Meaning & Definition of Civil in English
1. Applying to ordinary citizens as contrasted with the military
- "Civil authorities"
2. Not rude
- Marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others
- "Even if he didn't like them he should have been civil"- w.s. maugham
- civil ,
3. Of or occurring within the state or between or among citizens of the state
- "Civil affairs"
- "Civil strife"
- "Civil disobedience"
- "Civil branches of government"
4. Of or relating to or befitting citizens as individuals
- "Civil rights"
- "Civil liberty"
- "Civic duties"
- "Civic pride"
- civil ,
5. (of divisions of time) legally recognized in ordinary affairs of life
- "The civil calendar"
- "A civil day begins at mean midnight"
6. Of or in a condition of social order
- "Civil peoples"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana