Meaning & Definition of Circuit in English
1. An electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
- circuit ,
- electrical circuit ,
- electric circuit
2. A journey or route all the way around a particular place or area
- "They took an extended tour of europe"
- "We took a quick circuit of the park"
- "A ten-day coach circuit of the island"
- tour ,
3. An established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to
- "She's a familiar name on the club circuit"
- "On the lecture circuit"
- "The judge makes a circuit of the courts in his district"
- "The international tennis circuit"
4. The boundary line encompassing an area or object
- "He had walked the full circumference of his land"
- "A danger to all races over the whole circumference of the globe"
- circumference ,
5. (law) a judicial division of a state or the united states (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations)
- One of the twelve groups of states in the united states that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
6. A racetrack for automobile races
- racing circuit ,
7. Movement once around a course
- "He drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- lap ,
- circle ,
1. Make a circuit
- "They were circuiting about the state"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana