Meaning & Definition of Chapter in English
1. A subdivision of a written work
- Usually numbered and titled
- "He read a chapter every night before falling asleep"
2. Any distinct period in history or in a person's life
- "The industrial revolution opened a new chapter in british history"
- "The divorce was an ugly chapter in their relationship"
3. A local branch of some fraternity or association
- "He joined the atlanta chapter"
4. An ecclesiastical assembly of the monks in a monastery or even of the canons of a church
5. A series of related events forming an episode
- "A chapter of disasters"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana