Meaning & Definition of Capable in English
1. (usually followed by `of') having capacity or ability
- "Capable of winning"
- "Capable of hard work"
- "Capable of walking on two feet"
2. Possibly accepting or permitting
- "A passage capable of misinterpretation"
- "Open to interpretation"
- "An issue open to question"
- "The time is fixed by the director and players and therefore subject to much variation"
- capable ,
- open ,
3. (followed by `of') having the temperament or inclination for
- "No one believed her capable of murder"
4. Having the requisite qualities for
- "Equal to the task"
- "The work isn't up to the standard i require"
- adequate to(p) ,
- capable ,
- equal to(p) ,
- up to(p)
5. Have the skills and qualifications to do things well
- "Able teachers"
- "A capable administrator"
- "Children as young as 14 can be extremely capable and dependable"
- able ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana