Meaning & Definition of Candle in English
1. Stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- candle ,
- taper ,
- wax light
2. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the systeme international d'unites
- Equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees kelvin
- candle ,
- candela ,
- cd ,
- standard candle
1. Examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
Examples of using
What does a green candle symbolize?
This candle is not white.
When the lights went out, Tom lit a candle.
If the lights go out, light a candle.
A candle lighted the room.
That wind blew out our last candle.
Please light a candle.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana