Meaning & Definition of Bunt in English
1. (baseball) the act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat
2. Disease of wheat characterized by replacement of the grains with greasy masses of smelly smut spores
- stinking smut
3. Similar to tilletia caries
- stinking smut,
- Tilletia foetida
4. Fungus that destroys kernels of wheat by replacing them with greasy masses of smelly spores
- Tilletia caries
1. Hit a ball in such a way so as to make it go a short distance
- drag a bunt
2. To strike, thrust or shove against
- "He butted his sister out of the way"
- "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"