Meaning & Definition of Brief in English
1. A document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- brief ,
- legal brief
2. A condensed written summary or abstract
1. Give essential information to someone
- "The reporters were briefed about the president's plan to invade"
1. Of short duration or distance
- "A brief stay in the country"
2. Concise and succinct
- "Covered the matter in a brief statement"
3. (of clothing) very short
- "An abbreviated swimsuit"
- "A brief bikini"
- abbreviated ,
Examples of using
There was a brief pause and then the music began.
Here's a brief outline of my speech.
I'll be brief.