Meaning & Definition of Boy in English
1. A youthful male person
- "The baby was a boy"
- "She made the boy brush his teeth every night"
- "Most soldiers are only boys in uniform"
- male child ,
2. A friendly informal reference to a grown man
- "He likes to play golf with the boys"
3. A male human offspring
- "Their son became a famous judge"
- "His boy is taller than he is"
- son ,
4. (ethnic slur) offensive and disparaging term for black man
- "Get out of my way, boy"
Examples of using
The boy is not tall.
His mother discreetly kept an eye on the boy.
Hell no, boy! That's not how you say 'spaghetti'! Take him away!