Meaning & Definition of Bomb in English
1. An explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions
2. Strong sealed vessel for measuring heat of combustion
- bomb calorimeter ,
3. An event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual
- "The first experiment was a real turkey"
- "The meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
- turkey ,
- bomb ,
1. Throw bombs at or attack with bombs
- "The americans bombed dresden"
- bombard ,
2. Fail to get a passing grade
- "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"
- "Did i fail the test?"
- fail ,
- flunk ,
- bomb ,
- flush it
Examples of using
A bomb from the time of World War II has exploded at a building site in Germany, killing at least one person.
The invention of the nuclear bomb means that we are capable of destroying ourselves.
I dropped a bomb on Moscow.