Meaning & Definition of Behalf in English
1. As the agent of or on someone's part (usually expressed as "on behalf of" rather than "in behalf of")
- "The guardian signed the contract on behalf of the minor child"
- "This letter is written on behalf of my client"
2. For someone's benefit (usually expressed as `in behalf' rather than `on behalf' and usually with a possessive)
- "In your behalf"
- "Campaigning in his own behalf"
- "Spoke a good word in his friend's behalf"
Examples of using
Today, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of genocide struggle for recognition of the massacres, seeking justice for past crimes on behalf of family members who were brutally murdered.
I'm writing that on behalf of our friends who passed away.
I would like to express our thanks on behalf of my colleagues.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana