Meaning & Definition of Beg in English
1. Call upon in supplication
- "I beg you to stop!"
- beg ,
- implore ,
2. Make a solicitation or entreaty for something
- Request urgently or persistently
- "Henry iv solicited the pope for a divorce"
- "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
- solicit ,
- beg ,
3. Ask to obtain free
- "Beg money and food"
4. Dodge, avoid answering, or take for granted
- "Beg the question"
- "Beg the point in the discussion"
Examples of using
Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.
Hey man, I beg you - spray some insecticide behind the fridge.
I beg your pardon, could you repeat what you've just said?
In my country, it's usual for pilgrims to beg for alms.
Only the assumption that the reader - I better say: the prospective reader, because for the moment there is not the slightest prospect, that my writing could see the lights of publicity, - unless it miraculously left our endangered fortress Europe and brought a hint of the secrets of our loneliness to those outside; - I beg to be allowed to begin anew: only because I anticipate the wish to be told casually about the who and what of the writer, I send some few notes on my own individuum out before these open
I beg your pardon. I didn't think this was your seat.
I beg you forgive me.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana