Meaning & Definition of Beetle in English
1. Insect having biting mouthparts and front wings modified to form horny covers overlying the membranous rear wings
2. A tool resembling a hammer but with a large head (usually wooden)
- Used to drive wedges or ram down paving stones or for crushing or beating or flattening or smoothing
- mallet ,
1. Be suspended over or hang over
- "This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town"
- overhang ,
2. Fly or go in a manner resembling a beetle
- "He beetled up the staircase"
- "They beetled off home"
3. Beat with a beetle
1. Jutting or overhanging
- "Beetle brows"
- beetle ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana