Meaning & Definition of Bearing in English
1. Relevant relation or interconnection
- "Those issues have no bearing on our situation"
2. The direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
3. Dignified manner or conduct
4. Characteristic way of bearing one's body
- "Stood with good posture"
5. Heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- heraldic bearing,
- armorial bearing
6. A rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
1. (of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain