Meaning & Definition of Basketball in English
1. A game played on a court by two opposing teams of 5 players
- Points are scored by throwing the ball through an elevated horizontal hoop
- basketball ,
- basketball game ,
2. An inflated ball used in playing basketball
Examples of using
I can't understand his obsession with basketball.
I play basketball with Tom.
How long does a basketball game last?
I am a member of the basketball team.
Playing basketball is fun.
Sam was able to enter the school's basketball team.
She likes tennis as well as basketball.
She used to play basketball.
We played basketball in the gym.
Do you play basketball well?
It is interesting to play basketball.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana